In order to get a good night’s sleep, there are a couple of things that you absolutely need. These things include a soft, comfortable mattress, a nice, warm blanket, and some general peace and quiet. But perhaps the item that’s most important for a good night’s sleep is a cushy, and supportive pillow. Pillows come at all different prices and quality levels. In general, the best pillows are hotel pillows.
Best Hotel Pillow 2017
|Product||Thread Count||Best Feature||Material Type||Size|
|Royal Hotel’s Luxury Down Pillow||500||100% Luxury Down||Down||Standard / Queen|
|Hypoallergenic Luxury Hilton Pillow||230||Hypoallergenic||Synthetic||Standard / Queen / King / Jumbo|
|Pacific Coast Double Down Around Pillow||300||Natural duck feather||Down + Feather-Fill||Queen|
|Hotel Luxury Reserve Collection Bed Pillow||500||Very fluffy and full||Cotton||King|
|Marriott Hotel Pillow||233||Official Marriott Pillow||Synthetic||Standard / Queen / King / European|
|Sheraton Hotel Down Alternative Pillow||300||Machine washable||Synthetic||Queen / King|
|Hotel Bamboo Pillow with Memory Foam||250||Bamboo Cover||Memory Foam||Queen|
Whether you’re the manager at a hotel, or just an everyday consumer looking for something comfortable to lay your head down on at night, a hotel pillow is a terrific item to have on hand. But which hotel pillow is the best hotel pillow? This guide will show you what to look for in a hotel pillow, and will also provide you with a compilation of the best hotel pillows on the market today.
1. Royal Hotel’s Luxury Down Pillow – Best Hotel Pillow Overall
If you’re looking for a hotel pillow with unmatched comfort and support, the Royal Hotel’s Luxury Down Pillow is exactly what you’re looking for. Filled with natural down and equipped with a luxurious cotton cover, it provides as much, or more comfort than any other hotel pillow you’re going to find.
Let’s begin by talking about its cover. Made out of cotton, it possesses a thread count of 500. This is an extraordinarily high thread count, and goes a long way in making the cover feel soft to the touch.
In addition to this, it also provides the cover with a great deal of durability. The cover is lined with silk piping, giving it not only an aesthetically-pleasing design, but a battle-ready construction. To put it simply, this pillow will maintain itself over years and years of heavy use.
The Queen size pillow is filled with 45 ounces of filling, while the King size pillow is filled with 60 ounces of filling. All of its filling is natural down, meaning that it’s as soft and as supportive as any pillow you’re going to find.
In summary, the Royal Hotel’s Luxury Down Pillow is the overall best hotel pillow on the market today. Coming in a set of two, it’s a tad on the expensive side, but offers more than enough quality and value to make it a worthwhile purchase. An anti-allergy pillow, it’s great for anyone who’s looking for a perfect night’s sleep.
2. Hypoallergenic Luxury Hilton Pillow – Best Synthetic Down Hotel Pillow
Perhaps you’re looking for a hotel pillow, but don’t want to spend an inordinate amount of money? If so, the Hypoallergenic Luxury Hilton Pillow from Queen Anne Pillow Company is exactly what you’re looking for. Though it’s filled with synthetic down, it provides exceptional comfort and support.
Let’s start by talking about its cover. Made completely out of cotton, it possesses a thread count of 230. While this isn’t as high as what you’ll find in the Royal Hotel pillow reviewed above, it’s still high enough to provide superb comfort and feel. You certainly won’t feel uncomfortable while laying your head on this pillow.
Filled with clustered polyester, this pillow performs substantially better than typical polyester pillows. Because the clusters are able to move around freely, they don’t get worn down in one particular area. This allows the pillow to form to your head, neck, and shoulders without any disturbance.
If you’re looking for a relatively cheap synthetic pillow which feels like a down pillow, this one from Queen Anne Pillow Company is for you. Allergy-free and and exceptionally comfortable for a pillow at its price, it will have no problem getting you through nights. Used at hotels such as Marriott, Hilton, and New York Palace, it’s hotel approved.
3. Pacific Coast Double Down Around Pillow – Best Duck Feather Hotel Pillow
The next hotel pillow on our list is the Pacific Coast Double Down Around Pillow. Filled with 95% duck feathers and 5% duck down, it provides incredible softness and fantastic support. If you’re looking for the best hotel pillow filled with duck feathers, this is the one for you.
It comes constructed with a genuine cotton cover which possesses a thread count of 300. This is fairly high as far as thread counts go, providing a texture that’s soft to the touch, and giving it durability that will allow it to thrive through years and years of use. Its seams are lined with navy blue silk, giving it an inviting aesthetic, and tough construction quality.
Despite its general softness, this pillow is actually quite firm. It feels cushioned, conforming to your head, neck, and shoulders, but prevents your head from sinking in too low. Not only does this provide you with excellent support, but also serves to keep heat and sweat from building up while you sleep.
Overall, this hotel pillow from Pacific Coast is a supportive pillow that feels comfortable to the touch. Available in sets of two, it’s a little on the expensive side, but offers quite a bit of value for its price.
4. Hotel Luxury Reserve Collection Bed Pillow – Best Budget Hotel Pillow
Perhaps you’re looking for a comfortable hotel pillow at a budget price? If so, you might consider purchasing the Hotel Luxury Reserve Collection Bed Pillow. While it possesses synthetic filling, it really does offer exceptional comfort for its price.
This pillow is equipped with a cover which possesses a thread count of 500. This is very high when compared to most other pillows, meaning that this pillow possesses exceptional construction, and incredible softness.
Filled with microfiber polyester materials, it’s designed to feel as if it’s filled with natural down. This provides it with top-notch breathability and comfort, forming to your head, neck, and shoulders, with specificity and nuance.
All in all, the Hotel Luxury Reserve Collection Bed Pillow is an exceptional pillow for its price. Coming in sets of two, it can be purchased on what amounts to a shoestring budget. If you’re looking for a terrific night’s sleep without having to spend tons of money, this is the pillow for you.
5. Marriott Hotel Pillow – Best Hotel Pillow for the Money
Perhaps you’re looking for a hotel pillow which provides close to high-end quality at a reasonable price? If so, the Marriott Hotel Pillow is exactly what you’re looking for. Used in Marriott Hotels all over the world, it’s a legitimate hotel pillow.
Possessing an all cotton cover, it is constructed with a thread count of 233. This is around average for a hotel pillow thread count, meaning it possesses fairly basic durability and breathability capabilities.
Filled with a polyester, down alternative, these pillows aren’t quite as comfortable and supportive as legitimate down pillows, but are still very comfortable nonetheless. For their price, they’re about as comfortable as you’re going to find.
If you’re interested in a reasonably priced hotel pillow which comes close to the quality of high-end pillows, the Marriott Hotel Pillow is the one for you. Providing above-average support, comfort, and durability, it’s sure to provide you with a great night’s sleep.
6. Sheraton Hotel Down Alternative Pillow – Best Firm Hotel Pillow
Looking for a hotel pillow with a little more structure and firmness? If so, you might very well be interested in the Sheraton Hotel Down Alternative Pillow. Used in Sheraton Hotels across the world, it provide equal parts comfort and firmness.
This pillow possesses a cotton cover which contains a thread count of 230. A 230 thread count is average for hotel pillows, meaning that it will provide standard breathability and toughness over time. It feels soft to the touch, providing your head something cushioned and cozy to lay down on at nights.
A machine-washable pillow, it’s ridiculously easy to take care of and maintain. Available in two sizes, including queen and king, it measures in at 20 inches x 26 inches, and 20 inches x 30 inches, respectively.
Overall, the Sheraton Hotel Down Alternative Pillow is a terrific hotel pillow for those who are looking for a little more firmness and support. It’s not quite on par with the best hotel pillows, but is still more than comfortable enough to get you through the nights. Available for a mid-level price, it’s certainly worth its value.
7. Hotel Bamboo Pillow with Memory Foam – Best Memory Foam Hotel Pillow
Perhaps you’re interested in getting a pillow which is filled with memory foam? If so, the Hotel Bamboo Pillow with Memory Foam is the pillow for you. Made out of both polyester and bamboo, it form fits to your head, neck, and shoulders, providing personalized support for all users.
Coming with a removable duvet cover that’s made out of bamboo and polyester, this pillow provides top-notch breathability. In addition, this cover can be thrown into a standard washer and cleaned in the matter of 15 minutes.
Possessing hypo-allergenic properties, this is a great pillow for those who are allergic to natural feathers and down. Of course, not everyone is a fan of memory foam. But for anyone who is a fan, it will perform exceptionally well for you, providing a firm, but cushioned surface for you to lay your head down on at night.
Available for a relatively low price, the Hotel Bamboo Pillow with Memory Foam is as good of a memory foam pillow as you’re going to find. It should also be noted that this pillow comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with it, you can return it to the manufacturer within 30 days.
Things to consider when purchasing a Hotel Pillow
From a purely visual standpoint, all hotel pillows seem to be about the same. Of course, these pillows aren’t made just to look at. They’re made to help you get a good night’s sleep. There are a number of different things which separate different hotel pillows. In order to choose the right hotel pillow for you, these things must be considered. They include the pillow’s overall comfort, its construction quality, its size, and its breathability.
- Comfort – Far and away the most important aspect of a pillow is its comfort. If it’s not comfortable, it’s not a good pillow. Pillows used in hotels are typically the most comfortable of all pillows, providing equal parts support and cushion, and giving you the best shot at a good night’s sleep. In order to get an idea as the a particular pillow’s comfort, it’s a good idea to read some online user reviews.
- Construction – As with any product you buy, you want your hotel pillow to possess high-quality construction. Top-notch construction ensures top-notch durability, thus ensuring that your pillow lasts over a long period of time. A good way to determine a pillow’s construction quality is to consider its thread count. In general, a pillow with a thread count over 230 will be most comfortable.
- Size – Hotel pillows come in all different sizes, with each size made to accommodate certain sizes of beds. Of course, you don’t have to buy a pillow that’s meant to fit the size of your bed. You can go small or bigger if you desire. Smaller sized pillows are typically around 20 x 26 inches while larger pillow are generally closer to 20 x 30 inches.
- Breathability – If your body is prone to overheating during sleep, you’re going to want a pillow that reduces that heat as much as possible. You’re going to want a pillow with a great deal of breathability. A pillow’s breathability is most affected by the type of filling it possesses. Let’s talk about some pillow fillings now.
What materials are hotel pillows filled with?
Once upon a time, pillows were only filled with feathers. These days, pillows are filled with a number of different cushioned materials. Let’s talk about these fillings in more detail.
- Feather and down filling – The first type of fillinger is feather and down filling. Typically, these types of pillows make use of goose feathers as well as goose down. Down is the part of the goose which keeps it insulated while in cold weather. Pillows filled with feathers and down are best for supporting the head and neck. They aren’t, however, the most breathable pillows you’re going to find.
- Siliconized ball filling – Next, let’s talk about siliconized ball filling. This filling is a synthetic material which is designed to feel like down. The difference is that this filler is much cheaper and not prone to irritating users with allergies.
- Conjugate fiber – This is another synthetic material that does a superb job of filling pillows. Designed to provide a great deal of bounce, it does a superb job of shaping around your head and neck, providing medium support in the process.
- Microfiber – As far as synthetic fillings go, microfiber is king. It feel very similar to a feather and down pillow, providing equal parts comfort, support, and texture. In addition to these things, microfiber is also typically very breathable. This makes it great for those who overheat in their sleep.
- Tencel – Made out of wood extract, tencel is known for its absorbent and evaporative qualities. While it can quickly absorb any sweat or moisture it touches, it can also rid itself of that moisture in just a short time. While not as soft or supportive as other fillings, it is extremely breathable.
- Quallofil fiber – Known for its extreme fluffiness, Quallofil fiber is a synthetic material which is designed to conform to the head, neck, and shoulders. This helps it to provide personalized support for whoever is using it.
- Polyester fiber – While it’s the most affordable, polyester fiber is also the least durable pillow filling there is. It provides a decent amount of comfort, and can certainly be successfully used. However, if you’re looking for something truly soft and comfortable, you should look elsewhere.
- Hollowfiber – While fairly inexpensive, hollowfiber filling typically provides above-average support and comfort. In addition to being fluffy and full, it also fits firmly to your head, neck, and shoulders.
If you want to function to the best of your ability, you need a good night’s sleep. You can’t be walking around groggy and irritated all of the time. In order to ensure that you get proper rest, there are a couple of items that you need. Perhaps the most important of these is the pillow. While there are tons of great pillows on the market, the best type of pillow you’re going to find is the hotel pillow. Offering a great deal in the ways of comfort, support, breathability, and construction, a quality hotel pillow will leave you sleeping like a baby night in and night out.